While most businesses want to establish greener practices in their office spaces, many are unsure where to begin, or whether their actions are even making a difference. At C.A. Reding, we are committed to helping companies Go Green, that’s why we offer our Green Office Certification for offices in Fresno and beyond.
Here are a few tips to help you make your office greener.
Taking stock of your shopping habits is a great place to start. To become a greener shopper:
- Be intentional in your purchases and look for green products (recycled materials, green certifications, etc.)
- Shop smarter by creating larger orders instead of multiple small orders
- Consider recycled/refurbished equipment when looking for new office supplies or furniture
- Donate or recycle used products
Ensuring that your shopping habits align with your green initiatives can help you establish green policies.
- Promote green practices in your employees: encourage carpooling and greener travel
- Save energy by getting into the practice of turning off lights and changing thermostat settings
- Set standards for your employees in regards to printing, energy use, and more
Green Made Easy
Everyone knows the 3 Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. These practices are actually very easy to implement.
- Encourage recycling by making recycling bins easy to access and intuitively located (such as paper recycling next to the printer, can recycling near the lunchroom)
- Reduce waste by adjusting printer defaults to duplex printing and other paper-saving settings
- Reuse scrap paper whenever possible
Ready to take it to the next step? Contact C.A. Reding to learn more about our Green Office Certification. We make a big deal about reducing: waste, energy, and paper, which has the extra benefit of reducing expenses. Going green has never been easier or more beneficial!