Your office equipment drives your business processes. When it isn’t up to par, productivity suffers.
If you’re in the market for some new office equipment technology, you may be wondering if it’s worth taking a look at some of the devices offered by big box discount stores. Here’s an assessment to help you make the right decision.
The Discount Store Experience
With attractive sticker prices and convenient, off-the-shelf availability, big box office supply stores are a tempting option. But before you say yes to the latest promotion, here’s what you should know:
- The sticker price is just the beginning. Low-cost copiers and printers usually have very high operating costs. Most of them go through consumables at alarming rates and replacement ink and toner cartridges are often very expensive. Your prints can end up costing up to three times as much you’ll pay with office equipment purchased from an authorized dealer.
- Expect downtime. Maybe a LOT of downtime. Consumer-level office equipment isn’t designed to handle business-level activity, so breakdowns become commonplace.
- It doesn’t come with service. A consumer level copier may come with a short-term guarantee, but that’s about all. Office equipment purchased from an official dealer means you’ll have access to an award-winning service team to keep your equipment running at its best.
The Authorized Dealer Experience
By contrast, office equipment purchased from an authorized dealer can be a completely different experience from start to finish. Here’s what to expect:
- An on-site assessment of your requirements to make certain your office equipment is a good match for your needs.
- Maintenance and repairs handled on-site by expert technicians.
- Factory-trained technicians with industry certifications to give your office equipment the best possible attention.
- An affordable TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and an excellent return on investment.
For office equipment to meet the needs of your busy office, plus an award-winning service team to keep your projects moving forward, contact us at C.A. Reding today!