If it’s time to upgrade your printers, you may be pleasantly surprised at the new technologies available to your business. Follow this checklist to make sure you find the best printer for your company’s demands.
A Few Dos and Don’ts
A little advance research and preparation will go a long way toward a successful search.
- Check the reviews. The internet has improved the way we research products, and printers are no exception. It only takes a few minutes to find out which printers make consumers happy and which ones make them want to scream.
- Watch out for sales and gimmicks. A big box office equipment store may offer great prices, but don’t let a 20% off back-to-school sale be your only guiding light when purchasing printers for your business.
- Price those consumables. Some printers require very expensive ink and toner cartridges. Research and compare these prices before making your final decision.
- Cheaper may not be cheaper. Printers with low initial price tags may come at an extraordinarily high price for ink and toner. They may also fail more frequently and require expensive replacement parts. Big box printers may come with guarantees, but with no service offered, they aren’t worth much to you. Find out the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) before you take the plunge.
- List your requirements. Quiz your office staff to discover what requirements would make their jobs easier. Do they need a printer that collates, punches holes, and adds a staple? Do they want to implement paperless office procedures? Do they need wireless printing capabilities? If so, you’ll want to take a close look at the latest multifunction and wireless printers.
- Don’t buy more than you need. If you’re a one or two-person office printing a dozen or fewer pages a day, a couple of desktop printers may be all you need. Don’t waste your money on features you won’t use.
- Make certain output matches your requirements. Today’s printers can produce an astonishing number of pages per minute, with impressively sharp text and images. Make sure the printers you choose match the volume, speed and resolution you need.
At C.A. Reding, we help businesses find the best printers to match their budgets and their productivity requirements. Contact us for more information today!